There is nothing like a freezing cold and rainy day to make you appreciate the things that make life sweet. So, in the throws of this HORRID weather I have just got to give a little thanks. This weather brings to the table the first order of business…
1. NO CLASSES. Dr. Conn, Mondays are hard. Especially, this one. You are the man for giving us the day off. A day cuddled up in my blankets with coffee and netflix was blissful. I could almost laugh with giddiness. Ahhhh. Yes.
2. Cadbury chocolate eggs. I mean. These little morsels of chocolate and cream are pretty much the perfect rainy day treat, as well as my total undoing. I. CAN’T. STOP. What’s a better way to anticipate the start of the Lenten season (Wednesday) than with those decadent little eggs? Am I right?
3. My sweet, precious roommate. I am convinced that it must take an INCREDIBLY special person to live with me and still love me as much as she does. She puts up with my inability to sleep in past 8am, the growing pile of clothes on the floor, and the pound of hair I shed on our bathroom floor every day. She always has time to hear about my day or to hear a woefully unfunny joke. Rachel, your love for the Lord inspires me daily and I love who you are.
4. The new BTC album. If you are remotely close to me, or if you have two ears and show signs of life, you have probably heard that I AM COMPLETELY OBSESSED. But, really. It is amazing, AND it is on spotify! I dare you to listen to “Jesus Is” only one time. You can’t. It is THAT good.
5. Nail polish. This sounds dumb (even as I type it), but hey, why not? There is something about looking down at a set of pretty, pink nails that just makes you feel like you can do anything.
6. Valentine’s Day. Although I did not have a “special someone” to celebrate with this year, I have to say that I love this holiday. I love that people take a day to celebrate the people that they love. Even though there is no one that I am in love with, I just really appreciated the day to be extra aware of how much my friends and family mean to me.
7. Free sweet tea at Farmhouse. I don’t have to explain this, right?
8. My car. Good ole Lexi. At 279,000 miles, every time she starts I am thankful.
9. Ephesians chapter three. I have found this chapter a perfect prayer for those I love. When I can’t find the words to pray, I find that Paul’s prayer for the Ephesians often perfectly articulates the urging in my heart.
10. Worship. I made a comment to my roommate tonight that went something like this- “I just want to quit school, quit my responsibilities, and just be in a worship service for the rest of my life.” She responded, “Um, I think you just described Heaven?” Good point, Rachel. It is so true, though. I feel like there is just never enough time in the day to just concentrate on God and tell him how much I love him. I could go on forever about this, but I won’t. Below is a link to something I wrote a while back about worship, for the two of you who might be interested (I am talking to you, mom and dad)
So that is really all I have. Riveting, I know. Hey, you, I encourage you to take a moment to thank God for the little things that make life sweet. They really are all around you!