It’s about that time in the semester when I just need to shut up about how hard life is, how little sleep I’m getting, and how much I want to go home and be a little thankful.
1. Half off chai, Tuesdays at Inman Street Coffee. 16oz vanilla chai with whip: 2 dollars. Time spent drinking it with my best friend: priceless.
2. Dr. Barnette. He is everything I love about Lee University. In a class of 100 people, he knows who I am, and legitimately cares about how I am doing- not in his class- but just in general. Here is an actual note that he recently wrote on my test… “Much better Abigail! Proud of you.” I cried. Also, he sent me this email after I frantically asked him if he could let me take the test a few days late…
3. Mrs. Hermanson. Mrs. Hermanson really loves me, and I don’t deserve it. Every time I am home she tells me crazy things like “You are so radiant”… “I love your love for the Lord”… “You inspire me.” And although these things sometimes make me self conscious and uncomfortable, I really need to hear them. Also, I opened up my mailbox yesterday to a Starbucks gift card from Mrs. Hermanson, which makes me love her even more. Happy finals to me!
4. Student worker appreciation week, because it’s only Wednesday and I’ve already received mini doughnuts, two large bags of m&ms, and a free lunch. Thanks Residential Life and Housing. #blessed
5. So random, but today my father randomly sent me a picture of his food without a caption, and I laughed so so so hard, even though it really wasn’t funny. I asked him how it was and he said, “Japan meets Golden Corral.” I think my dad is about the funniest person on this planet, and I am really thankful for him.
6. Harry Potter. For the past few summers I have developed a little tradition of re-reading the Harry Potter series. Harry Potter just feels like summer to me. I got so excited about getting home and cracking open my copy of Sorcerer’s Stone that I started laughing during class. It really is the small things, am I right?
7. New coral spirit jersey. Call me basic. I don’t care. I AM IN LOVE.
8. Okay- this one is weird. But, I think my boss uses the same soap that my dad did growing up. So, when she walks by me, I can smell her soap and it reminds me of my dad which is both really confusing and comforting at the same time. It has gotten to the point where when I am having a bad day, I hope she walks by so that I can smell her soap. I am so weird, but I guess this is something to be thankful for.
9. JESSA (Duggar) AND BEN SEEWALD ARE HAVING A BABY. I am obsessed with them.
10. Finally, I am thankful for God’s abiding presence. This semester has not been a walk in the park. There have been some physical, emotional, and spiritual low points that left marks on me. Through this semester, I have struggled to remember who I really am. I am so incredibly thankful for the struggle, though, for it has caused me to remember that my God’s love for me is steadfast and unchanging. Though I have been lonely, I have NEVER been alone. He is my comforter, my best friend, my cleft in the rock. He is slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, and I am so incredibly thankful that when I call on his name he is already here with me.